At Hosting.NL, we think it’s important that you can use your services as quickly and easily as possible. Even if you have some of your services running with another provider.
For example, it is possible that you purchase a service from us (such as Web hosting or Hosted Zimbra) but prefer to leave your domain name with Squarespace. After your order, we will then send you instructions to make a DNS change at Squarespace. This is necessary to establish the correct connection between your domain name (with Squarespace) and the service you purchase from us.
But what if you have no idea how this works? No problem! We have figured this out for you and when you follow the steps below you can get started with the product you recently ordered from us in no time.
Log in to Squarespace’s Control Panel.
- In the Home menu, click on ‘Settings’ -> ‘Domains’
- Under ‘Squarespace domains,’ click on the domain name
*If you have multiple Squarespace domains, you’ll manage their DNS records separately.
- Click on ‘DNS settings’
- Click on ‘Add record’
- Choose the appropriate Type from the drop-down menu
- In the Host field, enter an @ if it is your root domain and just the prefix if it is a subdomain. For example, www or webmail.
- In the Data field, enter the IP address (in case of Type A) or the name of the destination (for example, mx1.antispam-login.net for the MX)
- Click Save to save the record
*The correct IP addresses or MX records of Hosting.NL can be found in the delivery email you received when ordering the service.
Prefer all your services under one roof?
In this guide, we have explained to you how to change the DNS settings at Squarespace. Of course, should you find it convenient, you can also choose to have all your services under one roof. This way you don’t have to make DNS changes on future orders but it will be done for you, so convenient!
Moving your domain names registered with Squarespace is a piece of cake. Moreover, you pay nothing at all for moving a .nl domain name from Squarespace to Hosting.NL. You only receive an invoice from us at the next renewal.
More information about moving your domain name to Hosting.NL can be found on the following pages:
- Moving your domain name to Hosting.NL
- Moving multiple domain names at once to Hosting.NL
- What is a move token or authorization code?
Do you have any questions or just want to exchange views? Do not hesitate and contact us. We like to think with you. Give us a call (072 751 34 06), send us an e-mail or use the chat at the bottom right.