How do I manage my domain name’s DNS?
In this article, we explain how to manage the DNS of your domain name and how to add a new DNS record.
Want to move a domain name from another party to Hosting.NL with website and/or email? Then check out this guide.
manage the DNS of your domain name
- Log in op Mijn Hosting
- Now click on directly in the Dashboard on Domain Names
Or in the top menu on Domain Names -> My Domain Names
- In the overview next to your domain name, click on the three horizontal dots and then on DNS Management
- You now enter the DNS settings overview where you see all DNS records and you can change or delete the records. Below is a brief explanation:
- Edit the record by clicking on the ‘Orange box with the pencil’
- Save the change by clicking on the “Green box with the check mark
- Delete the record by clicking the ‘Red box with the cross’
- Add a new record by clicking the “Green box with the plus sign
The root domain name must always have an A record pointing to an IP address. This means that the following record should always be in the DNS:
Here’s how to add a new record
Click on the “Green box with the plus sign” and fill in the information below:
- Name: the root domain is entered by default. For example, janjansen.com or www.janjansen.nl
- Type: select the type of record, for example, A, CNAME or TXT.
- Content: what should the name refer to? For example, MS=ms123456 or janjansen.nl.s3.amazonaws.com
- Priority: this indicates the priority, the lower the number, the higher the priority. Basically, you only need to enter this for the ‘MX’ type.
- TTL: Time to Live; the time before future changes become visible.
Click ‘Add’ to save the new record and make it active.