Set up email in the Android email app
This guide is written for the standard Gmail e-mail application.
Want to use another e-mail application such as Microsoft Outlook? Then read this article
E-mail applications look different on different Android phones. Therefore, the steps below may not exactly match what you see on your phone.
This is how you set up your phone
Follow the steps below to set up your mailbox.
- Open the Gmail application
- Click on your account icon in the upper right corner
- Now click ‘Add another account’ and then choose ‘Other’
- Enter your email address and click next
- Choose‘IMAP’ (POP is also supported)
- Enter your password and click next
- In the Server field, enter the appropriate server address and click next
-> What is my server address?
- Under ‘SMTP server’, enter the same server address and click next
- If desired, adjust the default settings and click next
- Enter a display name and click next
Setting is complete!