Domain Name Transfer to Hosting with DNS settings preserved
Want to move a domain name from another party to Hosting with a website and/or email? No problem. A transfer of a domain name to Hosting will only be implemented after 2 hours. This gives you enough time to set up the DNS after the order is submitted. Once the 2 hours have passed, the move will be shot in. After that, it may take up to 24 hours for the new nameservers to be indexed.
Before submitting the domain name transfer, you must first request an export of the current DNS from your old provider. On this page you will find tutorials on changing DNS records at other providers.
- Log in op Mijn Hosting
- Now click on directly in the Dashboard on ‘Domain Names’ -> ‘DNS Management’
- In the search bar on the right, enter the domain name for which you need to make a DNS change and click ‘Manage’
- You now enter the DNS settings overview where you see all DNS records and you can change or delete the records. Below is a brief explanation:
- Edit the record by clicking on the ‘Orange box with the pencil’
- Save the change by clicking on the “Green box with the check mark
- Delete the record by clicking the ‘Red box with the cross’
- Add a new record by clicking the “Green box with the plus sign
The root domain name must always have an A record pointing to an IP address. This means that the following record should always be in the DNS:
Here’s how to add a new record
Click on the “Green box with the plus sign” and fill in the information below:
- Name: the root domain is entered by default. For example, janjansen.com or www.janjansen.nl
- Type: select the type of record, for example, A, CNAME or TXT.
- Content: what should the name refer to? For example, MS=ms123456 or janjansen.nl.s3.amazonaws.com
- Priority: this indicates the priority, the lower the number, the higher the priority. Basically, you only need to enter this for the ‘MX’ type.
- TTL: Time to Live; the time before future changes become visible.
Click ‘Add’ to save the new record and make it active.