iPhone Synchronization Smartermail
With the Smartermail mail server via mail.soko.nl, it is possible to receive mail, contacts and appointments on your iPhone. Apple has licensed Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for this purpose. This guide explains how to set up Exchange on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > New account > Microsoft Exchange
- On the screen, enter your full email address, username(=email address), password and a description of the account
The description is a free input field that allows you to quickly identify the email address
- Under domain name, enter the part after the monkey tail (@) of the e-mail address
- Through the Autodiscover feature, the iPhone attempts to contact the Exchange server. This works only with Microsoft Exchange servers version 2007 and later.
Synchronization with Smartermail requires manually entering the server name. Then enter mail.soko.nl.
- The iPhone establishes a secure (SSL) connection to the Smartermail server.
- Then you specify which data you want to synchronize: Email, Contacts and Calendars